Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Flowering Gum duvet cover

It's kind of crazy to think that in one week (on March 20th to be precise) it will be the 5 year anniversary of my very first print run of fabric. 5 years! I still remember that feeling of terror I had that I wouldn't be able to sell a metre.

I think it's also kind of crazy that it has taken me a full 5 years to get around to making myself a duvet cover from my own fabric. It's quite nice to finally replace those faded, threadbare sets that have been gracing my bedroom for the good part of a decade.


Flowering Gum Duvet cover
 
Flowering Gum Duvet cover
Of course in true Ink & Spindle style the fabric I used to make this set isn't available anymore. But we have a very similar Flowering Gum in Black & Greylead (grey instead of white branches) which would look equally great, and the Dashes in Snow is still available for the edging.  The pale blue fabric is a GOTS certified organic cotton sheeting from Organature. You can buy it by the metre to back the duvet cover and if you're slightly-more-sane-than-me you can buy a flat sheet and fitted sheet from Organature pre-made. There's a time saving idea ;)

xx

3 comments:

Pippa said...

Congratulations on your achievement! I wish you all the best and keep making beautiful fabrics, for us to make beautiful things!

Pippa said...

Congratulations on your achievement! I wish you all the best and keep making beautiful fabrics, for us to make beautiful things!

Jessica @shimmerkai said...

What a beautiful bedroom! I love the duvet, circular shelf and garland..so artistic.