Saturday, July 11, 2009

Still here!

sunny winter's day at my desk
Open window by my desk and winter sunshine warming my boots - happiness

Yep I'm still alive. Still drowning in to-do's and yet no blogging. I'm experiencing that scary feeling of whenever I have two seconds to take a breather I'm convinced that there must be something I'm forgetting to do.

At Ink & Spindle we're busy printing, printing, printing... both for customers and also stocking up our own range for the Sydney Stitches & Craft Show. We have some new designs and colours on the way, all very exciting.

For lack of any relevant photos here's a token photo of cushions made for the Melbourne Design Market:

cushions - blog fodder

I took this photo in the loft, which is soon to be a boxing gym. For anyone who's visited our studio you'll know that this is a seriously disappointing turn of events. We love the loft, having run of that big bright airy space, dreaming of potential warehouse parties we could have up there and most importantly access to the rooftop:

goodbye rooftop view
Seriously daggy self portrait taken from rooftop before I have to say goodbye to the view

I promise to take some proper pictures soon!

11 comments:

wendy said...

can't wait to see the new designs .. and so sorry to hear you guys are losing the loft!

appelsj said...

how come you guys are loosing the loft? that's really too bad.

Penny said...

A boxing gym! Jeezus!

Mookah Studio said...

Can I just say I LOVE every single one of those cushions in that photo, they's be great at my place. Don't forget to give us plenty of notice next time you have an 'Open Studio'. Us Mookah girls were very disappointed we missed out last time.

We dream of screen printing some of our own fabrics to work with one day.

Teegs said...

Zomg, you're such a dorkus malorkus!! :-)

... but you're my favourite dorkus malorkus!

Little Mary Moo said...

New designs, how exciting. Hope the show goes well for you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the write up in Home Beautiful. Am very much looking to the Sydney show! :)

Helen

Threads of Inspiration said...

Lara, I just posted an entry about your blog. Hope you like it.
Susan

wini said...

Hi Lara, I emailed you about the "Ginko in teal and snow cushions" last month and have now found your lovely blog!! The new fabric quality and colours sound great. Happy printing!

acer notebook battery said...

it's nice,great review...

sue bulmer said...

yummy boots, where did you get them from??