Tuesday, January 16, 2007

5 things

Well, for the first time ever i've been 'tagged'! Stereoette tagged me to do '5 things'. The rules are as follows:

1. someone tags you,
2. you post five things about yourself that you haven’t already mentioned on your blog,
3. you tag people you’d like to know more about.

I tried to think of some more witty/interesting things but they'll probably come to me when I'm not thinking about it so much! Here goes:

1) I can't stand ticking clocks. When I stay over at other people's places I take the batteries out.

2) When growing up I was an avid fan of The Mysterious Cities of Gold, and the first website I ever made was a fan site about the series. I used HTML frames and thought I was so clever.

3) I once worked as one of those annoying people who hand out perfume cards at Myer. I had to wear a tight orange top that said "make someone happy" which triggered lots of oh-so-original responses from men like "you can make me happy, luv".

4) Lately at about 3 in the afternoon I jump rope for about 5 minutes and do weights.

5) I just had 9 fillings done over the last few weeks and have 1 more next week (my last, thank god). Floss, people.

Shannon, Kristen, Julie, Anna, Helen - you're next :P

6 comments:

Jules Madden said...

thanks lara!! I'll get thinking of my five things. I hope you weren't jumping rope on this awfully hot day today!!

Unknown said...

Oooh I'm a tag virgin too. I took me a while to think of some things, but I found my diary and ended up spening ages reading it!

I also loved the Cities Of Gold and visted a few websites in 1999-2001, so it might have been yours. Those two winters in the late 80's when the ABC played them were the best winters ever.

Anonymous said...

Oh god Im gonna really have to think.....

Ive got more of the printed illustrations on my flickr, be warned they are pretty lame. Dentist eh? whch one do you go to? I went not that long ago and was told I need 4 caps and 4 something elses for my sensitive teeth?? I am meant to get it done friday but have cancelled because I am meant to return post- baby to replace caps with fillings. I dont think so. Thats what happens when its about 8 years between dentist visits....

Also got this left in my comments-
http://www.graniph.com/award/english.html

hmc said...

Thanks Lara, that was pretty cool! I've done my bit and passed it on...

Stereoette said...

yay! thanks!

and i hear ya on the teeth... summer between college and law school, i had 14 cavities filled... something about excessive quantities of homemade lemonade and not flossing... doh.

Anonymous said...

I used to love the cities of gold too! Thanks for sharing.